Monday, January 23, 2012

I read Trans-blogs all the time

I read Trans-blogs all the time.  I recently read one on Femulate by Stana and it made me want to post this thought to my own blog.

I got the distinct impression her's was a question regarding money.  The "struggling family" she mentions smacks so much of exploitation, the funding for it only re-enforces my suspicions and beliefs.

Ironically, I just watched a movie on HBO just last night called "Cinema Verite".  The movie claimed to be true and, in the credits at the end, it hi-lighted each person involved.  It was about a real family in Santa Barbra, California, during the 70s.  It also said this movie actually started the "reality TV" craze we take for granted today.  Directed by Craig Gilbert in 1972, the movie was seen by many people at PBS as a success.  The movie was titled An American Family.

My interest, of course, was not peaked because the movie was true or because of the characters chosen, the family also happened to have a homosexual boy character who left home to go to NYC to find himself.  That sounded very nice to me and, in fact, he was living a very significant facet of my own personal fantasy.  I was actually a bit jealous of him.  While Lance was an obvious homosexual, I fell to the pressures from my own biological family and society norms and developed to a much less outwardly sufficient degree.  I didn't become like him but I developed inside myself.

So, I made some popcorn and settled in for a good movie.  I was not disappointed.  He fell hopelessly in love with a person who worked on stage as a cross dressing female.  He was my kind of boy!  Naturally, I felt his exposure was very limited but the movie was about a much larger thing.  A social thought, a really big idea.  One I had much interest in. Or so I thought.

His mother made a visit to his place in NYC, which was filmed, and when she learned about her son's relationship she said only mildly significant things about it.  The fact of Lance's blatant homosexuality was also not talked about by her at any time.  She was on camera, however, and I felt that particular topic might've been taboo.

His NYC life, which I suspect had boundaries of its own, was filmed in todo but with no input from his mother and no knowledge of his father.  The boy had carte blanc to live his life the way he wanted.  Sounds like a pretty "normal" life to me now.  Lance contracted HIV, became very ill and passed away in 2001 at the age of 50.  For those who care, he was NOT alone.

The film, The American Family, at the very first screening of it, in the title the word "Family" was shown with cracks running all through it.  It was quickly seen by the majority of the masses as an American Freak Show.  My thoughts, as I saw those scenes and well after the movie was over, ran to a rut I call, "some things never change".  I was particularly glad to see the "Family" fought back!

This movie might not be so similar to the flick Stana mentioned on Femulate, but I always feel when ever money is involved it seems to have a strange but unrelenting way of talking.  Unfortunately, so does society!  No matter the people, no matter the conditions, no matter the story, there are always throngs of humans who are conflicted. 

So, is it better that we trannies spend our money on ourselves FOR our admirers while keeping our secrets to ourselves?  I think not.  The world is teeming with admirers.

See ya out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment